Avoid litigation and ensure your current dress code policies aren't a ticking time bomb.
With the increase of the #MeToo movement and the growing and urgent need to embrace diversity, now is the time for employers to make sure their dress code and appearance policies aren't a ticking time bomb. Employers need to be able to set and manage policies, to identify and mitigate legal issues (such as protected class considerations), and to work with employee requests for accommodations. This topic will address workplace dress and appearance, including policy considerations, challenges (including discrimination issues), and best practices. This material will assist those in understanding how to address existing dress and appearance policies to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, local laws, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission rules.
Julie A. Proscia, Esq.
- Partner in the office of SmithAmundsen LLC
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of labor and employment, public and private sectors
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous topics, including supervisor training, wage and hour compliance, and independent contractor issues
- Author of several publications related to the areas of gender identity issues and changes in the workplace, minimizing risk in employment interviews, sexual harassment in both public and private sector issues, biometrics/data privacy issues, and social media and municipalities
- Member of the Illinois Senate Task Force on Sexual Discrimination and Harassment Awareness, has been selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers List for multiple years, Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” List, and recognized as “40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch”
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 630-587-7911
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.