Get up to date on the most recent FLSA issues and make sure you are in compliance.
The requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act are complex. Employers often misunderstand the act's exemptions, and the rules for determining overtime pay. Misunderstandings about these critical concepts can expose an employer to millions of dollars in back pay claims. This material will explain the requirements for each of the three white-collar exemptions (administrative, executive, and professional), how to make sure that your employees are properly classified, and how to avoid losing an exemption through improper salary deductions. You will learn how to determine what activities qualify as hours worked, and how to determine the regular rate of pay.
Calvin R. House
Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP
- Partner at Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP in Pasadena, California
- Counsels employers on compliance issues, and defends employers against employee lawsuits and claims
- Frequent speaker on employment law issues
- Member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates
- J.D. degree, Columbia Law School; B.A. degree, Columbia College
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 626-449-2300
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.