Gain a thorough understanding of common claims made against directors and officers and strategies for defending those claims.
Mismanagement of a corporation by officers and directors can have a direct impact on a creditor's rights and ability to recover against a corporate debtor. This topic will help individuals conducting business with corporations understand the fiduciary duties of officers and directors. The speakers will explore the standard of liability of officers and directors, key defenses and protection. The speakers will provide insight for pursuing potential personal liability actions in state and bankruptcy court. Creditors will want to attend if they are dealing with a bankrupt debtor seeking recovery directly from officers and directors over breach of fiduciary duties.
Kirk B. Burkley, Esq.
- Managing Partner of Bernstein-Burkley, P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of bankruptcy and restructuring, creditors’ rights, business and corporate transactions, litigation, real estate, and oil and gas
- Conducts regular seminars/live webinars and workshops on bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and oil and gas
- Author of several publications related to the bankruptcy field, with work appearing in ABI Journal, Equipment Leasing Newsletter, Pennsylvania Association of Credit Managers Newsletter The Creditor, and more
- Emeritus board member of the American Board of Certification, past president of the American Board of Certification (2020), past president of Turnaround Management Association, member of Allegheny County Bar Association and the American Bankruptcy Institute
- J.D. degree, University of Pittsburgh School of Law; B.S. degree, Ohio University
- Can be contacted at 412-456-8108 or [email protected]
John J. Richardson, Esq.
- Partner in the litigation practice at Bernstein-Burkley, P.C.
- Practice focuses on civil litigation, including commercial litigation, bankruptcy litigation, personal injury and property damage litigation, employment litigation and zoning and land use
- Nominated by the Mayor of Pittsburgh and confirmed by the city council of the City of Pittsburgh to a position on the city’s three-member Zoning Board of Adjustment, where he conducted zoning hearings and rules on hundreds of applications for variances, 2014
- Member of the American Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Ohio Bar Association and Allegheny County Bar Association
- Can be contacted at 412-456-8107 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.