Learn to create viable career paths for employees that promote strong internal mobility and allows individuals to explore opportunities.
Creating career paths for employees can be a challenging but worthwhile initiative. With proper planning and implementation, a career development plan can be a win for the employees as well as the employers. This topic will help you achieve that victory. In today's diverse, global and technologically savvy work environment, career paths are no longer perceived as strictly vertical movements. Organizations need to create viable career paths for employees that promote strong internal mobility and allows individuals to explore opportunities from a lateral, vertical or even a diagonal perspective. It is important that companies make investments in an employee's career and future. If they don't, it could result in poor employee engagement and high turnover. A recent survey by Gallup found that 93% of people advanced their career by taking a position with another company. Advancing internal career paths is an important part of managing talent for all organizations from a development, retention and an engagement perspective. A well-crafted career path strategy can play a pivotal role in driving organizational change and building workforce capacity. This information will focus on how aligning talent management processes and providing linkages between job roles, desired competencies and key experiences that will help organizations enhance their future competitiveness. The discussion will demonstrate that implementing well-thought-out career path strategies can provide employees with opportunities and a clear direction on how to increase their skills and advance their careers within their organizations. Having a solid, multi-faceted employee career development plan that supports each step in the talent management cycle can make all the difference between a dead-end job and a long-term professional opportunity.
More Program Information
More Program Information
Larry Hammond, Sr.
- Principal with V1H Consulting
- Through his workshops, strategy sessions, and keynote addresses, he focuses on helping organizations that are stuck in the way it has always been done, thinking without ever achieving true satisfaction, to transform
- By producing an organizational culture that creates a contagious leadership environment, he helps them to achieve maximum performance, increase employee retention, and heightened employee engagement
- More than 20 years of senior leadership, coaching, training, and development experience
- Mentor in business, marketing, sales, human resources, entrepreneurship, and leadership in public agencies and community organizations
- Facilitated management and employee feedback sessions
- Coaches leaders and managers in public and private industry around team building and culture development
- Developed, delivered, and evaluated a variety of training seminars; including, customer service, change management, strategic planning leadership development, and public speaking
- Provided leadership training to Leadership Pasadena, a leadership program that empowers, inspires, and connects leaders who strengthen a diverse community
- Designed, developed, and delivered management and leadership programs for managers in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors that helped clients improve employee and organizational performance
- Certified in Managing Organizational Change (MOC)
- 34 strong certified strengths coach
- M.A. degree in public administration, The Tseng College; graduate, international, at California State University, Northridge; B.S. degree, Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA; completed graduate courses in public administration, Catholic University, Washington, D.C. and in information technology, University of the District of Columbia
- Can be contacted at 626-379-4108 or [email protected]
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.