Understand the basics of insurance policies available on construction projects, claims that may be covered, and common problems in making claims.
Understand the basics of insurance policies available on construction projects, claims that may be covered, and common problems in making claims. Claims for damage to property or persons often arise in connection with ongoing or completed construction projects. For many of these claims, parties maintain insurance that may potentially provide a source for coverage and recovery for those claims. This topic will address excess insurance policies, builders' risk insurance, and errors and omissions (aka professional liability) policies for design professionals and typical exemptions. In a world that is constantly changing, this topic will address some of the latest developments in how federal and some state courts are interpreting insurance contracts. This content will help you understand the basics of insurance policies available on construction projects, the types of claims that may be covered, and common problems in identifying and making claims under those policies.
Michael Jay Rune, II
Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Shareholder with Carlton Fields, P.A.
- More than 20 years of experience representing owner/developers, construction managers/contractors, sureties, subcontractors, and suppliers in nearly all aspects of the construction industry and in large-scale commercial construction projects
- Has handled construction, surety, fidelity, and related insurance matters as well as mortgage fraud recovery through mediation, arbitration, and litigation in state and federal courts
- Known for his hard-hat approach to construction, spending time at construction sites and working with project managers and construction workers to gain firsthand knowledge of the construction industry and what goes on in the field
- Has a keen understanding of construction law and the construction process, including the planning, execution, and completion of a construction project, as well as the technical nature of construction-related claims
- Published author and frequently speaks on issues important to the construction and fidelity industries
- Recognized by Lorman Education Services for his above-benchmark customer course ratings and received the 2017 Platinum Distinguished Faculty Badge
- Author of the International Association of Defense Counsel’s ‘Annual Survey of Fidelity and Surety Law’ from 1997–2004, and co-author of ‘Liability and Performance Bond Surety’ in The Law of Performance Bonds (ABA 1999)
- Board certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.