Avoid common HR mistakes and develop effective policies and procedures that efficiently communicate expectations.
This course offers practical advice and tools for the tool kit on establishing best practices from day one of the employment lifecycle and throughout the subsequent employer/employee relationship. The employment lifecycle begins with hiring, onboarding, and classifying employees as exempt vs. nonexempt, and when some are required to execute noncompete agreements. It continues through all aspects of the employer/employee relationship up to voluntary or involuntary separation. Actions and events that could ultimately lead to expensive litigation may rear their ugly head throughout the employment relationship. The best way to mitigate the risk of costly employment-related lawsuits and other unwanted developments is to take a proactive, forward-thinking stance and develop effective policies, procedures, and practices that efficiently communicate expectations. The next step would be to document when performance and behavior fall short of those expectations. Ineffective employment standards could lead to unnecessary employee relations headaches, costly human resources turnover, and workplace violence.
Kathleen M. Bonczyk, MBA, Esq.
Workplace Violence Prevention Institute
- Attorney with a practice concentrated on the fields of labor and employment and insurance
- Founded The Workplace Violence Prevention Institute, an interdisciplinary think tank comprised of professionals from various fields including law enforcement, safety, risk management, business, law, human resources, medical, and other fields as well as victims of workplace violence
- Published author who has delivered content for the Florida Bar’s Labor and Employment Section’s Newsletter, The Checkoff, BLR, Lorman Education, Claims Magazine, the National Underwriter, PLRB and the Department of Defense, The Threat Lab, Defense Personnel, and Security Research Center
- Has been sought out by such media outlets as CNN and NPR
- Has delivered hundreds of seminars over the years, including content authorized for continuing legal education credit by the Florida Bar and SHRM
- Her first CEU article focusing on employee safety was written in 1995 and was published by Nursing Spectrum Magazine; she was the first non-clinician to ever be published in that leading periodical
- Her first article on workers compensation fraud was published in Claims Magazine and Property Casualty 360 in 2007
- Currently serves as a sub-committee chair, Florida Bar Continuing Education Committee (2020-2023)
- Prior to becoming an attorney, she was a human resources executive and consultant
- J.D. degree, Nova Southeastern University; M.B.A. degree, Florida Atlantic University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or through the WVPI’s website www.workplaceviolencepreventioninstitute.org
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.