Find NAEA-approved EA continuing education live webinars, seminars, OnDemand and online training
As an enrolled agent, your primary responsibility is to represent your clients as diligently as possible. It's for this reason that the National Association of Enrolled Agents requires all their members holding EA certification to complete 30 hours of approved continuing education every calendar year. This exceeds IRS requirements and ensures NAEA members continue to uphold the highest standards of professionalism in everything they do.
Becoming EA Certified
Most enrolled agents come to the profession having previously trained as a CPA, tax accountant or IRS agent. However, there is no prerequisite to sit for the NAEA EA exam. The test itself consists of around 100 questions covering three core areas:
- Personal tax law
- Business tax law
- Representation, practices and procedures
After passing the exam, you are required to commit to ongoing professional development by taking continuing education classes. Of the 30 credits required each year, 2.0 must be in a topic related to ethics in order to fulfill IRS requirements.
How Lorman Education Services Can Help
Lorman Education Services' online tax training can help EAs in two ways. If you're planning on taking the NAEA exam for the first time, our webinars and self-study programming can give you the background knowledge you need to pass. If you're already certified, our courses can help you earn EA credits online to fulfill your annual CE requirement.
We have a large catalog of EA courses, including:
- Live webinars that can be accessed from any computer or mobile device. Register for an upcoming class and benefit from the chance to interact with both our expert faculty and with others in your field, without having to travel or take time away from your other responsibilities.
- Self-study programs that can be downloaded or streamed from our OnDemand archive. If you prefer the freedom to learn at your own pace, our archive of previously recorded webinars, slideshow presentations, technical manuals and other programming is the best way to keep your training current.
Whether you are attending a webinar or streaming an OnDemand course, our training programs help you stay on top of the latest changes to the tax code and other regulations that affect your clients. Some courses you'll find in our archive include:
- FASB's New Rules for Pushdown Accounting
- Navigating Form 4562: Your Complete Guide to Depreciation and Amortization
- Withholding of Taxes on Payments to Foreign Persons and Entities
All courses are developed by our carefully selected faculty, which includes representatives from Top 350 law firms and Top 100 CPA firms. No matter where you are in your career, you'll benefit from the informed perspective our EA courses offer.
Browse our Catalog of EA Courses and Start Training Now
At Lorman Education Services, we've made it easy to earn EA credits online with accessible training that gives you the skills you need to succeed. With our All-Access Pass, taking EA courses is affordable, too. Just $699 gives you unlimited access to all tax and accounting programming. To learn more, get in touch with our customer response team directly.