Online Training for Public Works Professionals
Public Works Professionals are important for the development of public projects and municipal facilities in communities. Despite the importance of their work, most public workers were paid very little in terms of pay, until recently.
According to national statistics, professionals employed in various public service roles can earn anywhere between $50,000 to $86,000 per annum depending on their role and the city that they are working in.
The nature of work itself can also be varied and fulfilling. Public Works professionals work in fields like engineering, public safety, grounds/parks management to building maintenance, recycling to administration.
Public Works Professionals Training
Working in the public sector can be quite rewarding, especially if you enjoy helping others and want to contribute to the society in a positive way. Most people who pursue a career in this field usually start as volunteers. Once they acquire the necessary experiences and training, many professionals move on to more important roles.
Some of the more common areas for public works professionals include the following.
- Management and Administration - People with a talent for leading others and managing events or organizations usually pursue this sector. You need skills in communication, public speaking, finance and accounting, public administration and a fair deal of knowledge about computer sciences and law to be successful as an administrator.
- Municipal Engineering - People with interests in engineering and a talent for starting, scoping and completing projects are suitable for this sector. You need advanced skills in electrical, civil and mechanical engineering, as well as surveying techniques. Some understanding of chemistry and physics is required as well as the ability to plan in advance.
- Environmental Engineering - This is a vibrant and growing area due to massive interest from the public in clean technologies. If you are passionate about keeping the environment clean and improve your community at the same time, environmental engineering would be a good career choice. You need skills in chemistry, biology, civil engineering, environmental risk assessment and natural habitat maintenance. You also need to have working knowledge in law and urban ecology.
- Transportation - If you prefer outdoors to a desk job and love to drive or work with engines, public transportation can be a good career choice. To qualify for a role you need training in mechanical, electrical and industrial engineering and experience in transport planning, public depots and station management, fleet management and interpersonal skills.
Public Works Professional Courses
Public Works Training Online
There is no formal educational requirement for most entry level careers in public works. At the very least you do need a high school diploma or certification in the relevant field.
Lormanís offers different courses of online training for public works professionals that can help improve their skills. Our training courses can be the start of your career in public works. Our courses are designed to provide complete knowledge about the relevant job in works industry to create an excellent workforce that delivers exceptional services for tomorrow.
You can browse through our available courses to get a better understanding of the online training courses in public works we offer. In general, our courses can be divided into seven different segments.
- Public Health and Safety Courses: These courses are designed to teach professionals how to improve health and safety in public places, neighborhoods, cities etc. The courses focus on health protection and disease prevention and draw on specialized knowledge to develop safety regulations and procedure.
- Leadership, Management and Communication Development Courses: These training courses cover topics on effective leadership, organizational behavior, improvements in written and oral communication and mass communication.
- Landscape and Ground Management Courses: Landscape and grounds management courses are focused on building skills in construction, maintenance and improvement of public grounds, recreational facilities and parks etc.
- Electrical & Mechanical Courses: These courses are designed for people looking to progress into various engineering roles. Some of the common courses include mechanical, electrical and civil engineering.
- Teacher and School Employee Courses: These courses come in two categories. The first are meant for teachers and educators and will help improve their lessons planning and classroom delivery. The second category of courses is meant for grounds & maintenance staff and improves their skill in support and administration.
- Administration and Waste Management: Keeping communities clean and environmentally friendly is an important responsibility that falls on public works professionals. Our waste management courses are designed to give professionals complete knowledge about the procedure and legal policy for waste removal.
Train Online and Try The All-Access Pass
Finding public works training courses doesnt have to be a maze of online searches. Lorman offers many courses online live or ondemand that appeal to public works professionals. Try one course at a time or choose to go with the annual subscription, the Lorman All-Access Pass. Our annual subscription gives you access to every courses we present throughout the year along with our entire library of ondemand courses. All of this for only a small annual fee. Try us out today.