Cut Costs and Increase Productivity: Using Shared Services and Common Paymaster
Length: 86 minutes
|Access for FREE when you become a Silver Member of Payroll Training Resource!|
|OnDemand Webinar + Membership|
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Employees interact with numerous service-oriented departments during the course of their work life. These departments include payroll, human resources, compensation, benefits and even accounts payable. Each separate interaction wastes precious company time. Employees desiring services must visit the individual departments, make separate phone calls and e-mails, and complete multiple forms with sometimes redundant general information. Service employees must also spend time completing forms and making calls. In addition, service employees must also enter information in multiple data bases, seek reviews and obtain approvals. The process results in erosion of employee morale, productivity and your company's bottom line. This OnDemand Webinar demonstrates a positive way to improve these processes by consolidating all of them into one 'shared services' environment.
Establishing a common paymaster, in conjunction with a shared services environment or alone, can cut costs on social security, Medicare, FUTA and in some cases, SUI taxes. This IRS permitted method can allow two or more related corporations employing the same individual at the same time to be considered a single employer. By doing so, they pay no more in total social security and Medicare taxes than a single employer would pay. And paying less in taxes is always good for the company's bottom line.
Combining Shared Services Environments and Common Paymaster
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, Vicki M. Lambert, LLC
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP,
• President and academic director of Vicki M. Lambert, LLC, a firm specializing in payroll education and training
• Also known as “The Payroll Advisor™”, Ms. Lambert is founder and director of www.thepayrolladvisor.com, a website that provides unique and expert services for lawmakers, attorneys, media organizations, upper management, payroll and human resources professionals, individuals or any entity that must deal with the complexities and technicalities of the payroll process
• Certified Payroll Professional with more than 30 years of multistate payroll experience making her one of the most respected authorities in the payroll and related fields
• Lectured extensively throughout the United States on payroll administration and compliance issues for clients that include ADP, CCH Incorporated, Ceridian Employer Services, Fox Studios, County of Riverside, Sun Microsystems and many others
• Wrote, co-wrote or edited numerous payroll publications and newsletters for many of the most prestigious publishing houses, including John Wiley & Sons, Bureau of National Affairs, Institute of Management & Administration, Commerce Clearing House, and Thompson Publishing
• B.A. degree in business administration, magna cum laude
• Can be contacted at email@example.com
Continuing Education Units
Detailed Credit Information
Additional credit may be available upon request. We cannot guarantee availability, but we will check into it for you. Contact Lorman at 1-866-352-9540 for further information.
One attendee may receive credit per registration.