Licensed CPAs in South Dakota are required to complete 120 credit hours of continuing professional education (CPE) every three-year reporting period. This can be achieved through either live training or self-study. In recent years, however, online distance learning through webinars and other training materials has emerged as the most popular way of meeting CPE requirements — particularly in a state like South Dakota, where travel to in-person classes can be prohibitively expensive and time-consuming.
Lorman Education Services has been providing innovative CPE for South Dakota professionals for more than 30 years. We have a wide range of courses that satisfy the state Board of Accountancy’s requirements for online training. Browse our catalog by following the links on this page or keep reading to learn more.
Benefits of CPE Training
CPE is not about just meeting your requirements with the South Dakota Board of Accountancy. The National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) both strongly recommend that all CPAs undergo regular professional development training for a number of reasons. Most importantly, tax laws and accounting protocol change regularly. CPE ensures you stay up-to-date in your understanding of these and other important rules.
Other benefits of South Dakota CPE include:
- Understanding how technological and cultural changes affect the practice of accounting and how you can use them to improve your productivity on the job.
- Exploring new avenues for your career through specialization.
- Demonstrating to potential clients that you understand the unique needs of their industry.
- Giving yourself a competitive edge when applying for new positions.
Ultimately, the best CPE providers are those that recognize the value of training as a tool for professional development, rather than an annual obligation.
South Dakota CPE Courses
What Makes Lorman Education Services Different?
There are several reasons why Lorman Education Services has become one of the leading suppliers of CPE credits online for South Dakota CPAs:
- Our faculty, many of whom come to us from some of the top 100 CPA firms nationwide. Having expert instructors ensures each course reflects the most recent changes to state and federal laws, as well as the working experiences of today’s busy professionals.
- Our training options, which encompass live webinars, archived webinars and self-study options such as audiobooks and slideshow presentations. All courses can be streamed live or downloaded from our website, making it easy to participate in training whether you’re at the office, on the road or at home.
- Our All-Access Pass. A Lorman Education Services All-Access Pass gives you a full year of training for just $699. That includes unlimited access to our OnDemand archive as well as priority registration in any of the dozens of live webinars we host monthly. You will also get a number of exclusive benefits, such as our South Dakota CPE credit tracker and course concierge service.
Ready to get started? Check out our full catalog of South Dakota CPE courses by following the links on this page. Better yet, sign up for your All-Access Pass and start earning credits today!