Fulfill your Illinois accounting (CPE) credit requirements with our live webinars, onDemand courses, online training and resources.
As a professional accountant, your primary responsibility is to your clients. Saving them money and helping them manage risk effectively requires up-to-date training in both state and federal laws. At the same time, however, this training can't compromise the level of service you offer. This contradiction is one faced by many CPAs, whether they work for themselves or in house at a private business or government organization. Clearly, there is a need for convenient, flexible training that delivers genuine value for Illinois CPAs.
That's where Lorman Education Services comes in. We offer one of the largest catalogs of online Illinois CPE training taught by industry experts from some of the top firms nationwide. Our courses are easy to access at your convenience while offering valuable content for you at every step of your career.
Illinois CPE Classes
Lorman Education Services offers web-based continuing professional education via live webinars, archived content, eBooks and more. Our courses are designed to meet Illinois CPE requirements for accountants and auditors, and cover topics such as wage and hour law, landlord-tenant disputes, tax reporting for independent contractors and more.
Training programs are developed by carefully selected subject-matter experts who understand both the theoretical background and practical implications of a given topic for today's CPAs and other professionals. With our classes, you get the information you need to meet your Illinois CPE requirements, as well as serve your clients better and grow your career in interesting and lucrative directions.
Illinois CPE Requirements for CPAs
CPAs in public practice, auditors and other accounting professionals are required to complete 120 hours of CPE training every three-year renewal period to stay in good standing with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR). There are no minimum annual requirements, which means it is possible to obtain all 120 credits in the third year of the renewal period. Four full credit hours must cover professional ethics.
The IDFPR differentiates between three types of CPE:
- Live training, including interactive webinars and in-person seminars. There is no limit to the amount of credits that can be obtained through live training.
- Interactive self-study, including archived or onDemand webinars with a survey or question-and-answer component. A maximum of 80 credits each renewal period can be obtained through interactive self-study.
- Conventional self-study, including eBooks and audiobooks. A maximum of 60 credit hours can be obtained through conventional self-study each renewal period.
To make meeting your Illinois CPE requirements easy, Lorman Education Services offers all of the above types of CPE training. Browse our catalog and visit individual course pages for details.
Illinois CPE Courses
What Makes Lorman Different?
What makes Lorman a great choice for anyone looking for online CPE credits for Illinois CPAs? When you choose Lorman, a nationwide leader in professional development training, you benefit from:
- More than 30 years of experience developing useful, informative courses
- Flexible training options that make it possible to learn at your own pace, when itís convenient for you
- A large catalog that includes both national and Illinois state-specific training options
- The option to buy an All-Access Pass, which gives you a full year of unlimited training for just $699
If you're ready to take your professional education to the next level, sign up for a training program or purchase an All-Access Pass today.